The Christian Waterfowlers Association was formed to combine people’s passion for waterfowling with their passion for Christ. To give meaning to our adventurous nature that we are born with and use it for something that stretches beyond the tradition of waterfowling. To work within the waterfowling community to preserve our Christian, waterfowling heritage.
To see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of Christian sportsmen.
The Christian Waterfowlers Association is a L-E-A-D-E-R in all things related to waterfowl hunting:
L – Land purchased, leased or received by charitable donation for waterfowl hunting and conservation.
E – Evangelism, using the outdoors to reach the unchurched.
A – Adoption of conservation principles and techniques that promote responsible use of the outdoors.
D – Discipleship, use of the lessons taken from the outdoors to promote growth in Christ.
E – Expansion of waterfowl hunting and its benefits both environmentally and relationally.
R – Relationships forged within families around the love of waterfowl hunting and the outdoors.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible is inspired and empowered by God, infallible and authoritative.
2. We believe in one eternal God who exists as three separate persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life as He walked among men, demonstrated the authority and power of God in works and speech, died on the cross, rose from the dead on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of God having accomplished all that is necessary for man’s salvation.
4. We believe it is essential for man to repent of sin and by faith receive the finished work of Christ by confessing Him as Lord with his mouth and believing in his heart resulting in regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the imminent return of Jesus and that those who have believed in Him will be resurrected to a heavenly dwelling in an incorruptible body, and those who do not believe will join Satan and his host in everlasting punishment.
7. We believe the true Church is composed of all born-again believers in Christ, regardless of denominational affiliation.
8. We believe all born-again believers have been commissioned to share the complete Gospel to all the world.